[TowerTalk] Conditioning - Resting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Conditioning - Resting
From: \"Dick Green\"."<dick.green@valley.net ("Dick Green".)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 21:58:02 -0500
Thought I'd throw in one more observation. We have a professional tower
rigger in our club who takes no chances when it comes to safety. Every time
I've seen him climb a tower, he makes regular stops on the way up and the
way down to rest (belting on when he does, of course.) This guy is in good
shape, so I'm sure he could make it to the top of a 100 footer without
resting. He makes himself take those breaks for safety reasons. It takes him
a while to climb the 300 feet to our repeater antenna, but he's got plenty
of gas left when he gets there.

By the way, he's very picky about the weather (i.e., NO wind, rain, etc.),
and always has the right equipmment on hand.

Don't forget to take breaks!

73, Dick, WC1M