[TowerTalk] Tower climbing

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower climbing
From: (K7LXC)
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 16:46:02 EST
In a message dated 97-12-14 15:50:07 EST,

>  Do I climb DIFFERENTLY than
>  everyone else?  I never
>  climb the face of the tower.  I climb with a leg between my legs.  My feet
>  are on opposite
>  tower faces.  On Rohn 45/55 towers, I grip the leg on my left with my left
>  hand and grip a
>  diagonal brace with my right hand.

      The Rohn G-series seems so easy to climb because of the convenient
horizontal braces that it probably hasn't occured to many people to do it

     Climbing the nose or leg of the tower is very common for non-G towers
like AB-105 and most commercial towers. These are usually towers that don't
have any horizontal braces and really kill your feet if you try to climb the
diagonals on the face. My preferred method is to go hand-over-hand grabbing
the leg with only occasionally grabbing a brace like when you go around a
guywire or something.

     If it works for you and it's safe - whatever makes you comfortable is the
way to do it.

73,  Steve  K7LXC