[TowerTalk] T2X starting problem

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X starting problem
From: (David L. Thompson)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:46:33 -0500 (EST)
I have two T2X rotators and the only time lock up occurs is under actual
use.  Rocking does no good...I have to go the other way and then come back.
I can bring the rotator down and there is absolutely no problem without a load.

I have a second as a spare as my original T2X locked up after 5 years.
Allen Bond, WB4GNT took it apart and found only that the lubricant (original
from Telex/Hy-Gain) had turned to powder.  He used the white lithese grease
and I took it down last year after another 5 years and it still looks good.

That DCU-1 backing up 5 degrees would only work part of the time.

I have a number of friends with the T2X and most have the problem regardless
of the antenna load.  A few have no problem at all and there is no

Dave K4JRB