[TowerTalk] Gap Antennas

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gap Antennas
From: (Peter Larsen)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 02:31:14 +0000
Hi Steve et al:

The DX IV from GAP is about 5% eff.  I recieved one of the first made. I
took it up
to Cameron Island for the CH8MNP IOTA DXpedition.

It works on 160... that's all I can say of it.  On the other hand it
ROARs on 40.
In tests at the VE6AO contest site it was equal to or better than the 2
beam at 55 feet for DX. It was down on short hop stuff like into Sask.

It also works well on 80. I worked most of my DX on it on 80.

It resonates on twenty, but so does a dummy load.

IMHO it is a great antenna for the low bands, but down from my twin lead
vert for 160
and my sloper for 80.

Get one and don't regret it.

Have fun