[TowerTalk] Re:Spammers, Telemarketers, et al

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re:Spammers, Telemarketers, et al
From: js@reallybig.com (Jeff Singer)
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 17:32:35 -0500
Okay guys,

This is America. Marketing is essential to industry, always has been, and
will continue whether you like it or not. If no one ever bought these
products, all marketing and related expenses would quickly disappear. Your
best weapon is to ignore it.

But this is a TOWERTALK Reflector. If you don't like the spam, etc., that is
clearly an INTERNET issue. Please take it off this reflector, as you are
creating MUCH MORE bandwidth-consuming blather than they are!

You are a smart bunch of guys. Surely, if you are so irritated by such an
infinitesimal amount of unrelated garbage, you should be able to find a
discussion group devoted to it, where you can share, if you must.

And please don't waste your time with flames. They are worse than spam, and
will be similarly ignored.

Thanks!

73 de Jeff K2KV
k2kv@reallybig.com