Fwd: [TowerTalk] Stranded vs solid wire

To: <>
Subject: Fwd: [TowerTalk] Stranded vs solid wire
From: (K7LXC)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 17:17:19 EST

To: <>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 17:02:36 -0500 (EST)
To: K7LXC <>
From: Mark Sihlanick <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stranded vs solid wire

I think the main basis of these claims are based on high power multicarrier
operation, like you would have with several cellular transmitters feeding a
single antenna through a combiner.  At these levels, connectors and cable
can create intermod.  For normal amateur use, especially at hf, where only
one high level signal is on a cable this effect should be negilible.
Receive wise the levels seen just wont be high enough to cause much effect.