[TowerTalk] Linear Loaded Sloper

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Linear Loaded Sloper
From: (Tom Horton)
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 11:22:03 -0500 (EST)
 I built one of these several years ago and considering that it is a very
short, much comprimised antenna, it worked extremely well. I made 250 plus
Q's during the CQ 160
contest in 96. This was with only 5 watts!!! Also had something like 6
countries too.
No way it can compete with a full size antenna but it is fun to play with. I
did not tie the shield to the bottom of the tower and my antenna was only
about 8 feet off the ground at the far end. The nice thing was that the
thing was very broadbanded and did not have to tune a thing.'s a compromise but on a very small city lot in WV, it's ok.
 Tom K5IID

To: <>