[TowerTalk] Antenna Wire

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Wire
From: (Mike)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:51:41 +0000
>I am going to construct an Inverted V for 160 and 80.Any thoughts on
>using insulated wire versus bare?

I like insulated! No scientific reason!

My reasons:

1. Normal house wiring ( as I use) is usually cheaper. For the goofing I do
no need in spending alot of buck to play with something you seen in a book.

2. The antennas get to be a little shorter, only by a few percent, but
sometimes that few percent is what it takes to make it fit! Besides thta
look at the wire you save for the next one...(there we go back to the cheap

Cheap and loving it,

Check out my home page at