[TowerTalk] RCS-4 remote switch

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RCS-4 remote switch
From: (Matt Trott--K7BG)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 03:22:58 -0700
Sorry for the late posting of the conclusions I reached regarding my
inquiry of about a month ago. My RCS-4 wasn't switching if you recall. Well
it turns out that the Dentron xmatch I was using on the antennas was the
culprit. I switched my Wanzer Z-match in line in place of the Dentron and
it has been working perfectly ever since. I checked the continuity between
the in and out jacks on the Dentron and what do you know, it's an open
circuit! The Wanzer xmatch shows continuity so I guess the xmatch circuits
are quite different. What do I know!? Not much! The Dentron tuner works
fine, but don't try using it in conjunction with an RCS-4. That's my
conlusion. What say?

Happy New Year,