[TowerTalk] RE: Autek QF-1A

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Autek QF-1A
From: kb0onf@juno.com (david l hyman)
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 21:20:42 -0600
Hello Towertalkians . . .

Here's a strange one. I have an Autek QF-1A SSB/CW/AM Filter. The other
night I was sitting in my shack and just flipped on the power switch to
the Autek. Nothing else was on. All electronics were switched off.

All of a sudden there was a "feedback howl" through the remote speaker of
my rig.

I called Autek and spoke to one of their engineers and explained the
problem and asked him if he had any idea what was causing the howl. His
response, "I dunno."

Well, there has to be a Towertalkian out there who has some idea as to
what may be causing this. It doesn't happen ALL the time. And it doesn't
happen when the rig is on.

Appreciate any thoughts.

73 de Dave KB0ONF
kb0onf@juno.com