[TowerTalk] Coax in conduit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax in conduit
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 13:15:20 -0800
At 12:55 PM -0800 1/5/98, Press W Jones wrote:

>Mike, I wouldn't chuck the consensus on the strength of one installation
>that was probably done by a well informed operator (you, I assume) who
>attended to slope, crowning, sealing and perhaps other considerations
>relating to a particular situation in an area where the risk was known.

Hi, Press.

I have been collecting responses on this subject and those who have not had
problems with condensation seem to have these factors in common:

1.  Conduit sections sealed at each junction to prevent water seapage from
surrounding soil.

2.  Each end of the conduit open to the air with provisions taken to
prevent rain entering (weatherhead, standpipe, etc).

So long as rain and groundwater is kept out of the pipe and air is allowed
to circulate, condensation doesn't seem to be a problem.

If I have missed something here, please advise.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/