[TowerTalk] 767 Alithicon II lubricant

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 767 Alithicon II lubricant
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 18:17:57 -0500
WD40 is lousy as a penetrating oil.  Liquid Wrench is much better.

...and that's all I know from experience!  73, Ty K3MM

ke4rna@Traveller.COM on 01/08/98 11:48:06 AM

Please respond to ke4rna@Traveller.COM

To:   w5hvv@aeneas.net, towertalk@contesting.com
cc:    (bcc: Tyler G Stewart/BENN/CEC)
Subject:  Re: [TowerTalk] 767 Alithicon II lubricant

> On Wed, 7 Jan 1998 at 11:01:38, Ken W7TS wrote:
>
> >Hi,I would like see some opinions regarding WD-40 as a Lubricant
> >for cables and pulleys.
While WD-40 is hard to beat in a number of places,  I don't really
think it is the best material to use on cables and pulleys. What I
think would be the very best to use is 767 Alithicon II chain, cable
and open gear lubricant. 767 penetrates into cables as a light
liquid. It then semi dries lubricating each strand. 767 reduces wear,
eliminates rust and corrosion, and greatly extends cable life. The
stuff is water resistant. I've witnessed 767 staying on chains that
that run constantly. It won't sling off. I realize the chain
application probably won't be used on a tower, but the heat and
friction doesn't affect it while in use there. 767 is used
extensively on the cables of all hoists in the plant where I work.
There is no need for a grease fitting on a pulley because the stuff
is so thin when it is sprayed on it wicks into the cracks. The spray
is a small straight stream which is easily aimed to eliminate
overspray. I got the manufacturers name and phone number off the can
and called to see if they could sell in small quantities. They'll be
glad to. 767 can be had by contacting:
Southeast Oil & Grease Co. Inc.           Phone: 912-888-2520
P.O. Box 4897                                 Fax  912-434-1113
Albany, Georgia 31706      E-mail  ALITHICON@worldnet.att.net
The price is $7.78 plus UPS charges. Visa/MasterCharge are O.K.
E-mail, Fax or phone orders O.K.
I am in no way connected with Southeast Oil & Grease. If I owned a
crank-up tower, this is what I would use on it.
KE4RNA, Donnie