[TowerTalk] Lube-can't get there from hr

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lube-can't get there from hr
From: w5robert@blkbox.com (Robert Wood)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 01:17:09 -0600 (CST)
My crankup is a tube type.  One of it's difficult problems
is lube for the pull up wires.   When the tower is cranked down
(or tilted over) most of the cable is inside another tube.
When fully extended about 5 feet (or so) of each cable is still
inside a tube and since one doesn't climb I can not lube
very much of any of the cables.
The only way I see to lube them is to support the tower after
it's tilted over and all antennas removed and fully extend it
with ground support and then spray the cable.  thoughts?
--
73 Robert  W5AJ  w5robert@blkbox.com