[TowerTalk] Aluminum Tower Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Tower Question
From: rglappeu@alpha.delta.edu (Ray )
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 11:07:55 -0500
   I have a 48 foot free standing Aluminum Tower here, consisting of 6
sections 8 foot in length. The base is 22 inches wide, measured from the
edges, and tapers several times to end up 11 inches wide at the top.
   The old girl has served well, but now shows signs of the welds cracking
in several of the sections. I would like to replace the sections from the
base up, which would consist entirely of 18" wide sections.The base is in
excellent condition, the tower being bracketed to the house at 22' and
holding only a 3 element tri-bander.
    Having bought the tower used, many years ago, I have forgotten the make
of the tower. It would appear to be a Universal, but the literature from
Universal says they only make tower in 10' sections, again, mine being 8'
sections. It seem to me that the previous owner mentioned it was a
"Heights" tower, but I can't remember for certain if he even knew.
     Would anyone have any idea of how to identify the tower type, (I can
find no visible manufacturer's markings, but I don't really know where to
look), so I can contact them for replacement sections?

Thanks all!
73 de Ray, KG8DM