[TowerTalk] Ginpole comments solicited

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ginpole comments solicited
From: froberts@pe.net (Fred Roberts)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 13:14:39 -0800
--------------13B49FF69D2E0FEAD77CBD4D

Steve-

I went through the phase of using "pipe" for a ginpole, and soon
discovered how easily it bent (that's another story).  A couple of years
ago, I had the awning on my RV replaced and salvaged the aluminum roller
(about 3" x 18') ... this has worked like a charm in raising and
lowering tribanders and Rohn 25.  It's light and stiff ... don't know
what RV shops do with discarded awnings but it might be a good source.

73-
Fred Roberts, W6TKV
Riverside, CA

K7LXC wrote:

> Hello, TowerTalkians --
>
>      I own an use a Rohn ginpole (good for 25 and 45G but not much
> else) and a
> WB0W model (hell bent for stout and good for heavy lifts but REALLY
> heavy) and
> am interested in your comments on them as well as the IIX ginpole (I
> haven't
> seen or used one) and others.
>
>     I am researching the subject for an upcoming Up The Tower column.
>
>     Also if you've homebrewed one and also what you use for erecting
> BX and
> similar non-round-membered towers.
>
>      Your help is appreciated.
>
> 73,  Steve  K7LXC

--------------13B49FF69D2E0FEAD77CBD4D

<HTML>
Steve-

<P>I went through the phase of using "pipe" for a ginpole, and soon discovered
how easily it bent (that's another story).&nbsp; A couple of years ago,
I had the awning on my RV replaced and salvaged the aluminum roller (about
3" x 18') ... this has worked like a charm in raising and lowering tribanders
and Rohn 25.&nbsp; It's light and stiff ... don't know what RV shops do
with discarded awnings but it might be a good source.

<P>73-
<BR>Fred Roberts, W6TKV
<BR>Riverside, CA

<P><I>K7LXC wrote:</I>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><I>Hello, TowerTalkians --</I><I></I>

<P><I>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I own an use a Rohn ginpole (good for 25
and 45G but not much else) and a</I>
<BR><I>WB0W model (hell bent for stout and good for heavy lifts but REALLY
heavy) and</I>
<BR><I>am interested in your comments on them as well as the IIX ginpole
(I haven't</I>
<BR><I>seen or used one) and others.</I><I></I>

<P><I>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am researching the subject for an upcoming Up
The Tower column.</I><I></I>

<P><I>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Also if you've homebrewed one and also what you
use for erecting BX and</I>
<BR><I>similar non-round-membered towers.</I><I></I>

<P><I>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Your help is appreciated.</I><I></I>

<P><I>73,&nbsp; Steve&nbsp; K7LXC</I></BLOCKQUOTE>
<I></I>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------13B49FF69D2E0FEAD77CBD4D--