[TowerTalk] Need house mount brackets for 1.75"-2" OD mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need house mount brackets for 1.75"-2" OD mast
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:39:37 -0600
At 10:24 AM 1/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I want to mount an R7 vertical onto the back of my shed using house
>mount brackets.  I have a 1.75" OD mast that I will be using as the
>base.  I looked at the Radio Shack brackets, that the catalog says
>will take 1.75" OD mast, but they certainly don't, way too small.
>
>Where can I find good set of house mount brackets that will accomodate
>1.75" to 2" OD mast?  I'd prefer "checkbook engineering" [(c) K1VR] on
>this one.
>
>Thanks - Jim Reisert AD1C
>AD1C@contesting.com

Screw in a a 2x4 about 2 foot wide to the house...then use Plumbers Tape to
mount the mast to the 2x4.   Use lag screws on the plumbers tape.  Make sure
you secure the bottom.  I usually use a red brick with a holes...drive a
pipe in the ground at the bottom about two feet down and slip the mast over
the pipe.

Won-t move for years.

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net