[TowerTalk] Gain Figures in QST

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gain Figures in QST
From: (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 98 01:53:15 EST
Pete -

I didn't see any general response to your message below.  The details will
be in a future QST article (soon).  The "certain conditions" phrase includes
something very similar to your suggestion.

                        73 Tom

--- On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 14:57:01 -0500  Pete Smith <>
>Fascinating bit in the latest ARRL letter:  The Board  --
>"...agreed to permit the advertising of performance claims (ie, antenna
> figures) derived from antenna modeling programs in QST, subject to certain
> conditions."
>It would be fascinating to know what the "certain conditions" are.
>One possible suggestion ... to publicize their gain figures, companies
>should have to agree to make their models available to the public on a web
>site.  That way, amateurs can rerun the models to verify the numbers or,
>more importantly, incorporate the models as a part of modeling their
>overall installation, to evaluate interaction issues, etc.
>Pete N4ZR
>In Wild Wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia

Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444