[TowerTalk] Loos Tension Gauge

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Loos Tension Gauge
From: (
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 19:24:13 EST

> Tried Part #90 model B on my tower today.
>  It read the tension higher than required,
>  but the guys don't seem over-tensioned to me.
>  Seems like I remember K7LXC or someone saying
>  that you had to use a larger cable diameter
>  than your guy wire actually was when reading
>  the conversion chart.  For example, use the
>  7/32 chart for 3/16 guy wire.  Is this true,
>  or am I just imaging?  Thanks.

      It's your imagination. I would believe the gauge and not what "it feels"
to you.

     The  specified 10% tension for 3/16 inch EHS is 400 pounds; for 1/4 inch
EHS it's 670 pounds. This is at 50 degrees F but probably close enough for ham
work. The important thing is that they are all the same and within spec.

73, Steve  K7LXC