[TowerTalk] Coaxial Choke Winding Specifications

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coaxial Choke Winding Specifications
From: perring@texas.net (Bob Perring)
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 14:28:37 -0600
At 15:01 2/3/98 -0500, Kenneth D. Grimm wrote:

> If anyone that has the original thread on coaxial wound RF chokes, it

> might be a good time to re-post the juicy parts.....................
etc........

==========================================>>

==========================================>>

Hi All,

That last October "re-posting"  was sent from me back then, having been
retrieved from my old e-mail software which had line length and carriage
return formatting problems.

The new posting was fine, from what I could tell.

Upon making this post last October.............

I was admonished by, I think,  2 fellows who pointed out to me that the
winding diameters that were stipulated "violiated" minimum bending
diameters for the specified coaxial cable sizes, which could, perhaps,
cause an inner conductor displacement within the dialectric and the
braid.

I have never ever experinced any problems such as this, but it was a
proper and accurate design parameter to recognize and note.

73,

Bob

N5RP

Bob Perring