[TowerTalk] Coaxial Choke Winding Specifications

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coaxial Choke Winding Specifications
From: (Kenneth D. Grimm)
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 16:21:44 -0500
Bob Perring wrote:

> Upon making this post last October.............
> I was admonished by, I think, 2 fellows who pointed out to me that the
> winding diameters that were stipulated "violiated" minimum bending diameters
> for the specified coaxial cable sizes, which could, perhaps, cause an inner
> conductor displacement within the dialectric and the braid.
> I have never ever experinced any problems such as this, but it was a proper
> and accurate design parameter to recognize and note.

Oops, I meant to mention this and forgot.  Glad you were listening Bob.

I made a choke using the 4 1/2 in. sewer pipe as a form and Times LMR-400U.
Times Microwave specify the minimum radius for this Ultraflex line as one inch.
 While I wouldn't use RG-8 I feel relatively confident using the LMR-400U for
the 4 1/2 in. diameter choke.

Ken K4XL