[TowerTalk] Shunt feed, interaction and elevated radials

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shunt feed, interaction and elevated radials
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 08:59:32 -0500
At 08:43 AM 2/4/98 EST, wrote:
>Hi Pete, N4ZN, at the risk of saying the obvious, Have you considered
>attaching elevated radials to your 25G tower, located say 30 degrees up the
>tower, sloping to the ground, to make the radiating part of the tower
about 90
>degrees long?

I have -- isn't that N4KG's feed system? -- but I'm concerned about the
effect of the radials (1/2 wave on 80, more or less) cutting through the
lazy-vee array for 80 meters, which is a real bread-and-butter antenna for
me.  Inverted vees and other things I've modeled play hob with it.  The
same may be true for all elevated radials, tho - I don't know.

Pete N4ZR

In Wild Wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia