[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] rg-6 flooded cable wtd

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rg-6 flooded cable wtd
From: (Jim Bruce)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 13:14:36 -0500
You might try the sattelite dish ribbon cable. It has 2 RG-6's and several
separate voltage wires. That will give you a spare RG-6 as a replacement or
for a separate beverage. The voltage lines can be used for switching relays
if you have more than 2 beverages.
Jim Bruce
Bruce Communications, Inc.
Nat'l Assoc. Radio & Telecommunications Engineers
Certified -Tech 1st class
-----Original Message-----
From: Effinger SH (Sam)@MSXSOPC <>
To: '' <>
To: <>
Date: Thursday, February 05, 1998 11:06 AM
Subject: [TowerTalk] rg-6 flooded cable wtd

>I foung the nicopress fittings and tools from Mc Master Carr   soooooo that
>went so good maybe someone can help me find a good buy on    RG6U  direct
>burable cable...
>i want to use it on my beverages....i want 1000 feet or more..but only
>direct bury type like the cable company uses for drop wires to the
>am still waiting for an answer from the local cable co.
>Ron K9YY bought a used electric chain saw at a garage sale and used it to
>bury his cable worked great  ...neighbors thought he was crazy
>chain sawing the ground but it make a perfect hole to put the RG6U in... A
>little messy but it did the job...
>for SWA beverages we use  "F" connectors on the rg6u and they work great..
>when you build the beverage transformer you can put "F" connector females
>the box and it works great and is cheap.and very neat looking....
>Sorry to take so much bandwidth on these questions but we are the guys who
>scrounge for this stuff...
>so who better to ask.
>Thank you kindly for reading this and for any help..
>Sam Effinger
>SIET- Utilities
>FAQ on WWW:     
>Administrative requests:

FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>