[TowerTalk] rg-6 flooded cable wtd

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rg-6 flooded cable wtd
From: (NW9G)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 17:49:17 -0500
At 12:17 PM 2/5/98 -0800, Terry Dunlap wrote:
>>>This idea deserves the prize of the year! Very ingenuitive! I'm gonna use
>>>that this spring to bury cables here-with an old chain tho.
>>Be VERY careful, Scott!  If that chain hits a rock and comes apart, it can
>>take your head off!
>You also need to take into consideration the abrasiveness of the soil.  If
>you have a lot of "trench" to cut, you run the risk of enlarging the slot
>in the bar to the point of being dangerous.
>73 de Terry KK6T

I burry lines for a living.  Take this to the it the right way.
A little hard work never hurt anyone.  Get out your shovel or do like I do
and use a trenching machine.  Unless your luckey enough to own one like I do,
go to your local rental shop and for less than $100 (in most areas) you can
rent one and put in a small trench as long as you want in just a few hours.
The biggest work will be back filling of course, but you will not end up in
the hospital explaining to a room full of laughing medical staff, how you cut
off your hand, arm, leg, ect.....Steve
P.S. always call for locates/utility companies before safe!