[TowerTalk] Why lambast Rohn ?????

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Why lambast Rohn ?????
From: (
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:05:13 EST

>  I'm surprised to see all the negative barbs thrown toward Rohn for
>   themselves in a society that circles like buzzards to sue the guy next
>   Good for Rohn!!
Hi, Dale --

     All excellent comments with a ring of truth in them. I've said this
before - tower companies are insurance driven. That is, their insurance costs
are their biggest cost.

     With hams typically overloading their tower systems (the number one tower
failure mode according to Rohn), I wouldn't want my products so grossly mis-
used either.

     BTW, Rohn does have a commercial grade self-supporting tower available -
the RTP. It's available up to 190 feet. While more expensive than the
glorified TV tower BX series, it'll take a more aggressive load.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

     Yes, I'm a Rohn installer and dealer.