[TowerTalk] Stacking KT34's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking KT34's
From: N7TR@rnodx.org (Rich Hallman)
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 15:46:06 -0800
  I just aquired 140 ft of Rohn 45 and a pair of 34XA's.   Has side
mount rotor (gate) setup also....

     I currently have a pair of TH7's (102 & 55ft) on a 100 ft Rohn 25
tower.   Im thinking of replacing the TH7's this summer with the 34XA's
just for fun and see if I can really see a change in performance.   With
the price of Times Cable (9913 replacement) I would change out the CATV
stuff.   I had 3/4 in CATV running to my one tower that is about 300 ft
from here and noticed an improvement when I changed out to Times
LMR-400.   Maybe the CATV stuff was bad also....I have several thousand
feet of the 3/4 and 1/2 75 ohm stuff here in storage waiting for the new
property.    I would also recommend the WX0B Stack Box.....I built my
own a few years ago, but this past year replaced it with the Stack
Box...Great Stuff!!

    Ill give an update of the changes I see if I do decide to swap out
the TH7's for the 34Xa's......

    No Im not going to swap out the Rohn 45 for the 25 this summer!!!
Rohn 45 will go into storage with my 350 ft of Rohn 25 I have packed up.

         See Ya!   Rich

Richard Hallman N7TR           N7TR@RNODX.ORG
11870 Heartpine St
Reno NV  89506                          EX: KI3V A92FN
702 677-1106                                        HL9RH N3AMK