[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 16:26:46 EST
Greetings, TowerTalkians --

    I have just learned from a very knowledgeable authority that the Hy-Gain
line of products has been sold by Telex Communications to a group of investors
(which is how Telex wound up with it in the first place). Several years ago
the main products were the military antennas including big log periodics along
with amateur antennas and rotators. In the last couple years there had been a
lot of development work going on in the 900 mHz and up with the myriad of new
applications such as wireless LAN, etc.

    I imagine that the new owners are more interested in the emerging markets
than the mature ones. Hy-Gain's new product offerings in the 90's have been
pretty meager. Combine that with the fact that they would have to make a
sizeable investment in new tooling for the rotators (they're still using the
originals and they're wearing out) and the prognosis doesn't look good.
Hopefully they will continue with their popular products and top notch
customer service. I guess we'll see.

73,  Steve  K7LXC