I'm new to this reflector so a similar question may have been covered
before. I'm at a new qth and would like to erect my 50 foot universal
aluminum tower. The ants on the tower will be the usual tribander and
wire vee's etc. I would like to devise a method to allow me to tilt the
tower over at it's base for ant work etc. The tower is bolted to 3 base
legs mounted in cement. Removing four bolts will allow the tower to be
tilted at it's base. I'm considering cementing in a support in the base
to allow me to tilt the tower up or down. This support would be in the
form of a 'pole' to gain an advantage in winching.
1. What would be a good item to use for the support? Well casing? I-beam
2. Where would I find one? Cost is a consideration.
3. Would ten feet above the base be adequate height so steel cableing
4. Is re-bars in the concrete 4.5 X 4.5 X 5 foot base needed?
5. What kind of hardware should I use for pulleys and winch etc.?
Please respond directly back to me.
73, Lon W9XU
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Administrative requests: towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com