[TowerTalk] Mosley antennas - Warning: Strong Language

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley antennas - Warning: Strong Language
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:11:17 -1000
At 08:52 PM 2/12/98 +0000, k6ll@juno.com wrote:

>>14.175  4.0
>>14.250  3.5
>>14.325  -2.5
>>
>>21.225  1.5
>>21.325  0
>>21.425  -1.5
>If the KT-34XA is that bad on 20 and 15 phone, I must be one HELL
>of an operator! No way, Steve.

Of course,  the KT has a  good F/B also;  that makes a big difference
in your perceived comparison to a dipole.  That is,  even without "high"
gain,  you do hear the DX better as noise from the sides/rear is down
a good bit from what would be picked up with a dipole or vertical.

We do better than some think with just a "few" dbd gain.

73,  Jim, KH7M
PS:  My tribndr is a Mosley TA-34-XL,  and it is sure better than any
of my wires,  including 600 foot leg V-beams,  but the V's form
no useful pattern for me on the tri bands.  Have been fascinated by
the data/comparisons given in Feb and March CQ-Contest re: the
vetical antenna types,  elevated radials,  et al, by the 6Y4A
expeditioners.  Amazing performance 160 thru 10 meters!