[TowerTalk] Antenna Peformance

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Peformance
From: seay@Alaska.NET (Jan & Del Seay)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 06:35:55 -0000

From:   K4SB[]
Sent:   Friday, February 13, 1998 8:10 PM
To:     Peter Larsen;
Subject:        Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Peformance

> This probably explains why at times my 5 watt station
> beats out one of the local stations running 100 watts.
> Both stations have 3 elem tri-banders. Mine at 64 feet, and
> his at 48 feet.

Well, off the top of my head, you are claiming greater than  12.75db over
the other station.

You need to get with your buddy and see what's wrong with his antenna. A
beam it isn't.

Well, not necessarily, Ed. If you consider that the 100 watt station
is just above 1/4 wave above ground and perhaps less than 1/4
wave above the reflective ground, whereas the 5 watter is almost
1/2 wave above ground (20 meters, of course), the additive signal
at a lower angle could certainly make this a reality. I would say
that could happen on 50% of the paths.
de KL7HF