[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] H-E-L-P

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] H-E-L-P
From: (Scott Bullock)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 05:37:43 -0500
Well, Lee, this really doesn't have to do with towers, and you'll probably
get flamed for posting this here, but it's easy to do with regular
footswitches and i'm sure other towertalkians could use this too.... 
Two footswitches mounted together, use the switch contacts to key a small
relay (whatever you have 2 of-dpst/dpdt) We'll call this relay #1, the
switch contacts of relay #1 will key the transceiver directly on one side,
the other side of the relay #1 contacts will be used to pull in the coil of
relay#2. Relay#2 will have one side of the contacts to key the amp, and the
other side will be wired in parallel to the relay#1 contacts that switch
the transceiver. Make sure to put diodes across the relay coils to
eliminate transients.
You could eliminate all of this if you had foot switches with the proper
contacts as listed above. I don't think they are that easy to find tho.
Now, you better give me a multiplier in the next contest!

At 10:42 PM 2/13/98 -0500, you wrote:
>       HELP...tower guys usually have all the they ask good
>       I am looking for a source (manufacture, idea) of a dual foot switch. One
>side to key the AMP and the other to key the TRANSCEIVER.
>       Now. I want it so if I step on the AMP switch side, it will key both AMP
>and TRANSCEIVER. However, if I step on the TRANSCEIVER side it keys the
>Sort of a mechanical connection, not an electrical connection.
>       Where are all the ideas and manufacture's, model numbers, outlets, etc.?
>       Thanks in advance, Lee
>FAQ on WWW:     
>Administrative requests:

FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>