[TowerTalk] Club Safety Regulations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Club Safety Regulations
From: aa6eg@cv.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 13:53:49 -0800 (PST)
Hi Folks,

Since our sights and conversations at N6IJ have turned to bigger towers
(135'), our very supportive city staff has begun to think of safety
issues.  They would like us to write up and submit for review a Safety
handbook for the Club/Station activities.  Much focus on our antenna farm
activities....pole climbing, etc. Only a few of us here climb.
        Does any one have, or know were there might be a set of safety
guidelines for Tower climbing/Antenna work, also one that includes more
general safety procedures, (As in a radio club)  which we may use as a
model for the one we will
write up?  Also, we are covered so far under a blanket liabilty insurance
policy with the City, though that may change, depending on the percieved
risks of our antenna maintenence activities....Anyone have experience in
selecting a vendor and libility insurance policy, for Radio Club
activities?   What is a typical cost for a 1Meg$ policy?

Tnx, 73, de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ," The Contest Station from the Government"
aa6eg@tmx.com