[TowerTalk] Hint of the Month: Shoulder Bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hint of the Month: Shoulder Bolts
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 14:16:15 -0500
Hi Fred and the TowerTalk Gang,

If I might insert my .02¢ worth in the shoulder-bolt discussion..... IMHO I
would have used stainless steel or Beryllium Copper star washers between
the surfaces I wanted in good electrical contact and, at the risk of the
exercise of dodging all those veggies.... I would have pre-coated all those
mating surfaces with some form of metal bearing grease such as NoAlox....or
whatever, to help exclude oxygen and water and keep the surfaces from
oxidizing or rusting. Stainless bolts and nuts are, of course, fasteners of
choice here.

I hope this has been helpful for some.  I think it's kind of "old hat" for
us "ol'-timers."

73,
Roger, K2JAS/4
Still in Rainy, Cloudy, but Warm.....Sunrise, Florida