[TowerTalk] Re: Antenna Height and Signal Strength

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Antenna Height and Signal Strength
From: gehring@Alaska.NET (Steve Gehring / KL7DC)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 15:00:13 -0800
Hi all,

Some famous DX'er once said, "the ionosphere is a great leveler of
signals."  This really rings true here above the 60th parallel, where it
doesn't take much to wipe out propagation.  Yes, that long boom mono-bander
or stack doesn't hurt, either.  Did I mention what antenna I want for my
birthday... some year?
By the way, KL7HF is situated on a mountainside, where propagation is
enhanced in directions sloping off the mountain.  The only downside is that
prop stinks in those directions where the Chugach Mountains are in the way.
 Location is a factor!

73 de Steve, KL7DC