[TowerTalk] HDR-73 troubleshooting

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDR-73 troubleshooting
From: (
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 19:48:53 -0800
It appears that the winter storms have taken a toll on my antenna

My HDR-73 rotor only rotates in the CCW direction. It rotates in the CW
direction about 10-15 degrees then stops. It will then not rotate in
either direction for about 30 minutes.

The schematic shows a thermostat in the transformer primary. I suspect
that it must be in the secondary winding for the rotor motor as the
control box/indicator are still working.

Any ideas on what might cause this? Do any of the rotor repair services
have email addresses/websites?

Steve K6UM