[TowerTalk] Monster Quad

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Monster Quad
From: (
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:27:34 EST
Hi Mike,

I would highly recommend modeling a monster (6ele) Quad before you consider
buying it or putting it up.
I even had difficulties in improving the performance of a 3ele quad by making
it a 4ele. This is especially true for multiband quads. The "inner" quads
suffer in F/B and gain.
Anyway, maybe this is all wrong and I am only a modeling victim (the above
statements abt 3 and 4el quads have all been derived by modeling with NECwires
by K6STI) I do not have the time and equipment to verify my modelings in real
life. But I got suspicious at least.
Hope this helps.

73 Con DF4SA                    Cornelius Paul