[TowerTalk] Relative merits

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Relative merits
From: (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 23:36:18 -0800 (PST)
>Hi all
>I'm in the process of installing (it's laying on the ground in sections<G>)
60 feet of Rohn 25G and have been following the wind load and ect.
discussions on this tower with interest. What I am thinking of putting up is
a VHF array consisting of 2 13B2 on sideband, one directly above the other
(with proper spacing!), and 2 11 element Cushcraft yagis on FM on a cross
boom. I live in EM27cm and concerned about wind and proper guying or the
need for it. I've been told that with no more than I am putting up, that
this tower would be self supporting. True or false?? Also, since I am a
weight challanged ham ( read that as fat<G>), I don't climb towers. So I was
considering either a tilt over at base type or a Hazer, or a combination of
>Thanx for your time.
>Scott Shue

I don't think 60 feet of Rohn 25 will stand without guys and NO antenna on
it.  I would put 2 sets on 60 feet.