[TowerTalk] FREE Software....Grey line Maps> "GeoClock"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FREE Software....Grey line Maps> "GeoClock"
From: W9UI@SprintMail.com (Bob & Traudel Eslaire)
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 11:15:52 -0800
Another consideration with the globes:  the grey line "calculation"
location is fixed, e.g., Washington DC.  At least this is the case with
the one I had when I was in Germany (the fixed location was central
Germany for that one).  This may have changed in the meantime.

This is not a big deal if you are close to the fixed location, but the
further you are from this point, the more error.

The globe is neat, but I agree with Roger, the computer implementation
is  better and cheaper.  I had the globe in the days before "a computer
on every desk".  The globe was MUCH cheaper in those days.

Bob, W9UI.