[TowerTalk] Cables on US Tower crankup

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cables on US Tower crankup
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 19:54:53 -0800
At 2:25 PM -0800 3/1/98, Alfred J. Frugoli wrote:

>Just from the weight of 20 feet of cable my stress
>relief loop has pulled through, and the wieght of th cables bent th coax
>arm.
>
>Here's my question.  WHAT WORKS!

If that's your only complaint, reinforce the coax arm.  Simple, cheap and
effective.

I have an HDX-572 with two runs of RG-213 and two control cables hung off
the top coax arm like you do, with no other supports.  I have had no
problems with bending that top arm and the tower is usually up, not down.

You sure someone didn't mess with your tower when you wern't looking?  You
sure you didn't get the coax caught the last time you raised it?

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/