[TowerTalk] Part 2: Soil and Antennas --Tutorail

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Part 2: Soil and Antennas --Tutorail
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 16:24:38 EST
In a message dated 98-03-02 20:21:07 EST, jreid@aloha.net writes:

<< >OK, a dipole needs good ground reflection.  I thought a friend of mine
 >on Molokai was strange when he ran a half-wave ground radial under his
 >dipole.  Do you think it did anything--good or bad?

 Did nothing useful  to add to the performance of the dipole.   >>

     Well, sort of. If you put a 1/2 wave wire under the dipole (within some
limits) and it is, say, 5% longer than the dipole - you've got a yagi
reflector under the dipole. This 2 element 40M dipole is a popular SS antenna
on the east coast.

73,  Steve  K7LXC