[TowerTalk] Nesting of multiband stacked yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Nesting of multiband stacked yagis
From: ns4w@qsl.net (Bert)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 19:13:25 -0500
I am currently installing Six m2 432-9wl, and 4 - K5GW-10 yagis (quite
similar to
m2 12 ele.  I was originally going to do exactly as you proposed, (with 4
432 instead of six).  After *lengthy* conversations with Mike Stahl &
Gerald Williamson, both
gentlemen thoroughly convinced me not to stack box style.

1.      432 pattern on the 9wls will be destroyed.

2.      144 array will be degraded.

3.      432 beam width too tight for terestrial (sat too ?) vs vertical
stacking.

They convinced me to stack vertical on both bands (ie - 4 high)
one band on each side of frame(Yes - 30 to 32' riser). Put 144 on side one,
& 432 on side two with 1296 above or below 432.

your choice of az/el is certainly adequate.

Bert - NS4W