[TowerTalk] 40-10 + warc on one boom or mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40-10 + warc on one boom or mast
From: brunet@us.ibm.com (Pete Brunet)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 12:04:38 -0500
Is it theoretically possible to have 10-40 + warc on one boom or one mast?
Will the resonances of the various antennas cause too many problems?  I have
heard a few bad storys about the Mosley Pro antennas but it appears that this
may be due to a quality control problem in the manufacturing of the traps.  At
this point I am more interested in what research has been done from a
theoretical point of view, i.e. is it theoretically possible before I consider
whether it is practically possible?  Beside single boom solutions, I am also
interested in single mast combinations like a F12 C3 or F12 5BA or TH11 coupled
with a F12 EF240230 or a C3 plus 30m dipole coupled with one of the 3 element
40m monobanders.  Recently for a few years I operated a station with Telrex 20
and 40 monobanders on the same mast and both seemed to be negatively effected
by the other (vswr and patterns).  They were about 10 feet apart.

Thanks, Pete ws4g
=====
Pete Brunet -- IBM Special Needs Systems, 11400 Burnet Road, MS 9448, Austin,
TX  78758
(512) 838-4594 voice, (512) 838-9367 fax, brunet@us.ibm.com, ws4g