[TowerTalk] re:Times Article- IS AVAILABLE

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] re:Times Article- IS AVAILABLE
From: steve@austin.ibm.com (Steve Runyon WQ5G 512-838-7008)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 98 12:26:20 -0600
I think I may understand part of this mystery - I went to the site
yesterday afternoon and was able to go directly to the article w/o
doing the subscription thing... but this morning it asks me to register
as a subscriber.

Obviously something changed - maybe their code to check if you
are on the subscriber list wasn't running/working yesterday.
73 de Steve WQ5G

forwarded notes below:
Hi Joe and the Towertalk Gang,

I don't know what problem you may be experiencing however moments before I
typed this reply I went to the NY Times website and the article was still
there....(8:30 AM EST).

and: