Sv: [TowerTalk] Half-square antenna question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Sv: [TowerTalk] Half-square antenna question
From: ozling@web4you.dk (Henrik Weiss)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 08:59:46 -0000
Gareth,
I think the antenna you are reffering to is also called the half Bobtail
curtain version. If i am right you have two 1/4 wave verticals spaced 1/2
wavelength and connected at the top with a horisontal wire ??

I have a bobtail curtain for 40 meters and the spacing i abt. 0.8 of a 1/2
wavelength because of some existing supports. This cause the horisontal wire to
"drooping" a bit. I do not find any degradation with respect to F/S attenuation
it is still 10 - 15 db and I suspect the gain is the same as my earlier " ideal
" setup.

Henrik
Oz1ing