[TowerTalk] Tower question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower question
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 02:46:40 GMT
 Well first I didn't get to read aall the replies to my orginal post,
Hotmail decided to dump all my e-mail before I could read it! Of course
what do I expect for free right?
  Well from the replies I did get to read I have concluded that I need
to rethink my plans. THe two alternate suggestion were to buy a Rohn
foldover kit. I can't find a place that lists a price but from the
replies it is expensive. The other suggestion was to put up the
conventional way straight up and climb.
  I'm not afraid to climb it but my XYL is FIRMLY agaist it. I think I
have convinsed her that with a safety belt that she doesn't have to
worry, of course none of us would climb without a belt would we?
 THe upside of this decision is if I want to go higher in the future I
can just add more sections right?
  A few Hams arround here have fold over towers like I was planning but
they arre folded over very rarely. Only for maintance or to add or
change antennas. I few have said that it is hard to raise and lower them
but none that I have heard of have crashed. But will my luck I would
have let it down justto tweak somthing and it would crash. That is why I
asked here first.
  Now I wonder if I can jury rig this 19 ft pole with the nice heavy
duty pulley and winch to work as a gin pole to raise the section?
Hummmmm---- Naw I'll just beg brow or buy the right equipt. See I'm
learning HI HI
  Steve I will send for the Rohn book I have your address arround here
someplace.
73
Rick
KC5AJX