[TowerTalk] Zepp

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Zepp
From: baycock@hiwaay.net (Bill Aycock)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:36:35 -0600
Ted- I have an 890AT, used with a 135 ft Dipole, fed with 450 ohm ladder
through a 4:1 balun,that tunes well on everything above 160 except 40.
I have a couple of questions.
1. how did you couple the Zepp ladder line to the 890?
2. did you increase the feeder length when you raised the Zepp?
what are the dimensions of the Zepp?

Thanks- Bill- W4BSG

At 01:59 AM 3/18/98 PST, you wrote: *** IN PART ***

>>Speaking about the great extended double Zepp antenna, may be some of
>you can help with my problem below:
>
>My extended double Zepp cut for 40M works great on all bands below and
>not on 160M.
>
>It is up 36 feet and up 8 feet over the roof of my house.
>
>When it was 4 feet lower, my built-in tuner in my Yaesu 890AT tuned 80M.
>
>Now that I raised it the 4 feet, I can no longer tune 80.  I figure it
>must have coupled to the house when it was lower.
>
>Any suggestions on how to correct this to tune 80 again?
>
>73, Aloha
>Ted Leaf, K6HI
>Kona, Hawaii
><tleaf@hotmail.com>