[TowerTalk] wind load (LONG)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] wind load (LONG)
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 14:15:48 EST
In a message dated 98-03-19 11:30:26 EST, Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com writes:

<<  Let
 me conclude that, if you were to perform the calculations yourself,
 you would be amazed at how much of a safety factor that Rohn uses.
 You wouldn't believe at how much more windloading you can put on
 these towers as compared to what the book says. >>

...Because Rohn has used many profit dollars to litigate and settle law suits
with folks who misuse their products. We all know in our guts that Rohn specs
are seriously derated and many of us have pushed their products way beyond the
book design criteria. It's like driving your family auto at 120 MPH, however.
You may get away with it for years, but, when the big crash comes, it's going
to be spectacular! Like Dirty Harry says, "do you feel lucky?"

Tom, K5RC/7