[TowerTalk] Core Ten

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Core Ten
From: larsenp@cadvision.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 03:31:45 +0000
Hi All:
Yes the "Core Ten" lamp pole was quite popular here in Calgary
for lamp standards. They have now been replaced with galvanized
poles. One of the better features of these poles was that they
were made to snap off at the base when a car hit them thus
reducing the chance of injury to the cars occupants. This is a
great saving factor in many accidents as if you have ever seen
a car that hit a 6" pole made of drill stem will attest to.
I have seen cars chopped in half and the motor go through a tree
at the 20 foot level. Not a pretty sight. BTW the battery of
this car edned up two blocks away from the crash site.
The police figured the car was doing about 120 mph when it
hit the pole.
The core ten product has been around for at least 15 years.
I don't know what this has to do with TOWERS ( I knew I could
fit that in) but there you go.
Have fun
Peter
VE6NAO/VE6PJL