[TowerTalk] Got the Zoning book.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Got the Zoning book.
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:01:40 EST
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Wed, 01 Apr 1998 13:28:49 -0800 Cathryn Mataga
<ke6i@junglevision.junglevision.com> writes:

>(b) Subject to other provisions of law, towers, polse and

>wires for the transmission of electricity for light, heat, power
>and telephone and telegraph messages, flag poles, monuments,
>chimneys, cupolas, smoke stacks, gas storage holders, water tanks,
>and similar structures and necessary mechanical appurtenances may
>be built and used to a greater height than the limit established
>for the district in which the building is located;

>Hmm.  I'm tempted to get plans drawn up for a fixed tower and
>see if I can get it through zoning here.

K1VR:  A fit matter for negotiation.  Get a lawyer and tell zoning board
that if the bylaw says what they think it says, it fails to meet the
requirements of Federal law. And if it doesn't apply as written (which,
if applied as written, would be an illegal bylaw) the exemption above
does apply.  So one way or another, why don't we stay out of court and
agree on something?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]