[TowerTalk] True North vs. Magnetic

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] True North vs. Magnetic
From: brucecom@shore.intercom.net (James D. Bruce)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 20:19:07 -0500
There are 2 choices u can use without the compass;
1) There is always the North Star on clear nites,
2) Calculate the true High noon by finding the center of the day using your
local sunrise and sunset for the day you align your antenna. Then put a
stick in the ground (or use your tower) to use as a sort of sundial, the
shadow will extend to true north.
Jim/NV3V