[TowerTalk] Dayton Hamvention Ham Radio Law Forum

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dayton Hamvention Ham Radio Law Forum
From: (Jim W9WU)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 15:45:58 EST
Dayton Hamvention  Law forum announcement:

        "Amateur Radio and the Law: Getting It Up and Keeping It Up"

Attorney Jim O'Connell, W9WU will host a forum discussion by attorneys
on legal issues of interest to hams.  We'll show you how to approach
your local building department for a permit, how to protect yourself
from restrictive covenants when shopping for a new home, and how to
present your case for a variance or special use.  Panel attorneys will
also detail recent court decisions affecting amateur radio, including
nuisance and RFI matters, and explain how the recent cellular/PCS
expansion can seriously affect antenna zoning for hams.  We'll even
explain how to use new FCC rules on RF exposure to your benefit.

Chris Imlay, W3KD, ARRL General Counsel
Fred Hopengarten K1VR
Bob Cherry K2HBX
Tim Ellam VE6SH, VP Radio Amateurs of Canada

Day:          Sun
Start Time:   11:15:00 AM
End Time:     12:45:00 PM
Room:         3

We're fortunate that this is one of the Forum Rooms located at the Dayton
Join us for great info and handouts on CC&R's and other helpful info.

73, Jim O'Connell, W9WU  ARRL VC, Central Division